What is the Executive DBA Council
The Council was founded in 2011 with a mission to foster excellence and innovation in executive doctoral degree programs worldwide.
It is our aim to provide outstanding networking and educational opportunities for professionals who serve and participate in executive doctoral degree programs. These include but are not limited to Directors, Academic Directors, Faculty, Administrators, Students, and Alumni.
We serve as the primary point of contact and information source for these professional groups as well as for the media and business schools considering initiating executive doctoral degree programs. The Council also provides information on executive doctoral degree programs to prospective students.
Executive DBA Programs: Rankings vs. Comparisons
Currently, there are no rankings for DBA programs published from internationally recognized institutions, including the EDBAC.
In your search for the right program, you may come across several DBA program rankings. We challenge you to think critically and examine the criteria of each program, rather than taking a simple ranking at face value.
To make this process easier for prospective DBA students, we have created a tool for you to examine and compare the details of our member schools, all of which have met our standards of quality for membership. These details are gathered and presented without partiality or agenda.
Making the Right DBA Program Decision for You
Starting a DBA program is a costly investment—in time, tuition, effort, and opportunity cost. Instead of relying on DBA program rankings, compare programs based upon criteria that matters to you. These may include:
- Proximity to your home or business: How far are you willing to travel to go to the school of your choice?
- Number and length of “face-to-face” residencies: Do you want to maximize contact with other DBA program participants? Do you prefer face-to-face instruction or do you need the convenience of fewer, longer residencies or online instruction?
- Tuition: How much will the program be and what is included in the price?
- Program Statistics: How large is the class size? How long has the program been in existence? What is the graduation rate?
- Accreditation: There are several international and national accreditation bodies for business schools that require programs consistently meet their stringent academic standards. A few of these include AACSB, ACBSP, IACBE, AMBA, and EQUIS. Researching the academic standards that these imply can give you a better idea of the standards that these programs meet.
- Profile of Students: How diverse is the student population? How much experience do they have? What are the academic requirements for a student to enter the program?
Our comparison tool seeks to put the power of DBA program rankings into your hands. The right program for you can only be determined by one person—you!
Use our interactive filter to navigate through the list of DBA programs and add up to three schools to your personal list for comparison. If you have more questions about a program, we encourage you to reach out to them and learn more.
Best of luck in your search,
The EDBAC Team